What I want you to notice is where I have placed my YouVersion Bible App. I have tried and tried to be better at reading my Bible. Everyone tells me what works for them but I have never been consistent. I had to put my reminder right there in between my facebook and feedler buttons. (If you are wondering, feedler puts all my blogs in one place for me)
This app has kept me in the word daily for the last couple of weeks. That beats any of my previous records by far! It's also important because it keeps me filled with scripture for at least a small percent of my day. I have found I have to be so careful with what I fill myself with on a daily basis or I can easily slip into negative land. (That is not Mr.HotGuy's favorite place by the way)
So.... I need to share what this app can do just in case you don't know about it.
It has the straight forward Bible in tons of versions for you to use. Some Sunday mornings I just have too much to carry and rely on this during service.
All of the Plans are there for you to choose from. (tons of these too) You can bookmark any verse while reading and return to it later. You can also easily stop reading in any place and make a note connected to the verse and then go over your notes later. I haven't checked out the live button but surely it does something amazing. :)
This is the plan I am using right now. It is the one year Bible and here is a pic of today's reading list. I just click on the section and it takes me to those verses and then I can easily navigate through all the readings. It checks them off as I go. I can always see what I have missed if I don't finish one day and need to catch up later. This app does allow you to link to Twitter, Facebook, and email. You can send a link to the verses you are reading.
Here is a screen shot of my reading. You can adjust things like font and text size. You can also have it read to you through the audio Bible!
A couple of side notes:
- Mr.HotGuy says no one else organizes their iPhone screens the way I do. I must be weird.
- I'll miss snuggleboy being that small next summer. It won't be the same when he runs around the backyard at full speed.
- This app is of course free, and I do love it, and no I didn't receive anything from them.
- Why did I choose a screen shot of a passage about embalming? I definitely am weird.
- I know many of you use this app too, so if you have something to share please leave a comment!
Pretty neat app; audio Bible would be good while running errands. Put the app where you want on YOUR phone. :-)
ReplyDelete