Tuesday, November 22, 2011

changing perspective


Years ago my thankful list would have been very different from what I would write today.
Everyone is posting their lists on face book and mine would be very similar if I were to post it on this little bloggy blog of mine. 

1. Almighty God and Savior
2. Family
3. Good Friends
4. the usual number four

I kept thinking I should post something here for you all to ponder, but it seemed like my list would be the same thing I have been reading on good ole face book.

Or would it??

My life has changed a lot as I said earlier, so I think I need a back up list.  A list I can read in those moments when I wonder how I still have hair.  Here it goes.

1.  straps.  straps in highchairs, carseats, strollers, you name it just straps.
2.  p.j.s till I feel like changing
3.  the power of one marshmallow
4.  dustbusters
5.  iPhones
6.  dishwashers
7.  cherry Dr. Peppers from Sonic
8.  notes from Mr.HotGuy
9.  bags of chocolate chips that can disappear slowly with no one noticing
10. praise God straps are legal
11. bubble baths and a good book
12. The You Version Bible app that I have strategically placed on my iPhone
13. Sesame Street
14. a soft bed with cozy warm blankets to "taco up" in
15. skype
16. the usual number 16
17. wait...  this isn't your usual list
18. oh well, do I really need to make it to an even 20?
19. nope.


Did you know God loves a cheerful giver?  I'll have to keep that in mind while I'm cooking this Thanksgiving morning!

2 Corinthians 9:11
"You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment