Thursday, March 8, 2012

feeling chatty

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you hope and a future."

Plans??  What plans!?  How do I not know about all these plans?

1 John 3:20
"God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything"

What should I do about this?  I want to have control of my future.  Why wouldn't I?

Ecclesiastes 8:15
 "Since no man knows the future, who can tell him what is to come?"

Good point.  I didn't really believe in fortune telling anyway.  Now what should I do?  Live for the minute? Hour? Day? Year? Ask you to reveal the future to me? 


Psalm 27:14
"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

Hold on a minute now.  I'm an American.  I'm not trained in this waiting business.  I'm not very good at it, and it's not fun.  
You did say be strong though.  Maybe you know waiting on you will be hard for me. 
Take heart huh?  Is that because you are worth waiting for?  You did create the entire universe.  Hmmm...

2 Peter 1:3
"His divine power has given us everything we need  for life and godliness"

Divine Power!  Aha! You are my super hero!  I knew it! 
Wait a minute, are you telling me I should be godly while I'm doing all this waiting for your plans to take place?   

2 Peter 3:11
"You ought to live holy and godly lives"

Okay, so no doubts about that answer.  Godliness, Godliness, Godliness.... I'm supposed to live like you.  Well then, live like Jesus since he was on this Earth and he was your son.   

1 Timothy 6:6
"But godliness with contentment is great gain."

I think I'm hearing you God.  
You know my future.
You want me to wait for you and be godly.
You have divine power to provide for me.
If I am content with this, I will gain something great? 


2 Peter 3:13
"But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness."

I can handle that kind of future.
God is good.  All the time.  God is good.


I wrote this because the first verse is my one of favorites and I love to have a little fun with my concordance.  Worrying about the future and waiting on God are two of my struggles.  I often want to have an answer to my questions and I don't always get them.  I find myself searching for the answers that God gave me but maybe I just missed in my busy life.  Truth is, if God had an answer for me, I think I'd know about it.  I'm just not waiting for him.   Each verse led me to the next and I ended up finding exactly what I needed to hear.  I'm not a bible scholar or a writer so there are mistakes in there for sure I just don't know where yet.  If any of them are severe, then let me know.  :)   
   

3 comments:

  1. I like this, Jenn. It shows thought and study in the best Book ever written. I think leaning on God for our daily needs is so hard because we humans desire to control everything we come in contact with. God just does not work that way; he is there for us and not just to watch us struggle. Love you and will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing a fine job Jenn. We all struggle, glad you are looking in the right place for the answers. I need to be reminded too! love you Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God provides us with what we need and what we need to know. Some people think God should provide what we want and want to know. Keep the FAITH, you've always had it.I love you!

    ReplyDelete